Friday 29 July 2011

Hard as nails!





I reckon I change my nail polish about three or four times a week. For me, it's the easiest way to make a look. Dark and vampy colours give you a seductive and mysterious edge, bright neons a fun and trendy look, and natural colours can add an air of sophistication.


There is a drawback, of course, to doing this. Time. None of us have much of it anymore and traditional nail polish takes a fair while to set. I tend to do mine as late as possible at night but then you risk getting the fibre impressions on your polish. Aaaghh. Very annoying.


The other irritating thing is that my nail varnish tends to chip quite quickly. I'm not super-careful you see; I do the dishes, clean the bathroom and am generally a bit knockabout, so hard-wearing nail varnish is the Holy Grail for me.


Luckily, I think I may have just found it!


I have recently discovered Artistic Colour Gloss - a soak-off gel treatment which is only available at the salon. What do I love about it? Virtually everything!




The colours are wonderful. A perfect mixture of bright classics, fun trends, glittery little numbers, mature cafe au laits and sexy dark hues - there is something for absolutely every one.


The other exceptional thing is that the treatment is so quick. if you are short on time but need a quick pep up this is the professional manicure for you. I reckon it takes no longer than about 40 mins from start to finish, so a lot quicker than an average manicure.

The colours are then set under a lamp and they emerge extremely shiny - almost patent - and the colour is tough. I have not been able to chip this polish and I've tried!







There are a whopping 66 colours in the range to date, but am sure there will be more before Christmas.

I opted for Hotzy and LOVE it! I had so many comments about how shiny and gorgeous my nails look, even from strangers, so it is a really winner for me. And I'm in top company with major fans such as Victoria Beckham J Lo and Beyonce addicted to it too.


The colour lasts for about three weeks and I think that's brilliant and very cost-effective, each treatment starts from about £30, so a good manicure for about £10 a week! I had mine done at the Urban Retreat Salon in Harrods (dead posh, I know) and it stars from £50, there. In fact, a special mention to Angel, the technician who did my nails. Professional, fun, and simply lovely!




Give it a go if you are heading off on your holidays or have a special occasion or want to make a good impression - I promise you, you will not be disappointed. In fact, you won't be able to sop staring at them!




Artistic Colour Gloss is available nationwide. To find your nearest salon call 0844 800 9396 or check out the website www.artisticcolourgloss.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment