Thursday 21 July 2011

She's got legs!

Breaking news!

I am NOT Jennifer Aniston.

I do not have the finest set of pins going.

But we have to work with what we've got, I suppose!


I might not be about to don a pair of hot pants and large it about town, but I do want my legs to look as good as they can.

So, for the past few weeks I've been trying out cellulite creams. Not glamourous I know, but lets face it, for most of us, a beauty routine must-have.


So, here are a some of my favourites.





Avon is such a classic beauty brand. It's been around for donkey's, it's trusted, the science-y stuff is really great and it always reminds me of Edward Scissorhands (brilliant film). So, I thought I would give Solutions Cellu-Sculpt a go. I think is a bit of a steal at £12. What I really like about it is that is does give you rapid results. The old thighs were less wobbly within a week. If you do go for this, I would say for the price, it is one of the best around.







Liz Earle was on the telly ALL THE TIME when I was younger. She was the skincare guru, who was all about long-term care to maintain your looks, rather than quick-fixes. Her products are so great and very simple, so I decided to try the Energising Hip and Thigh Gel.

The first thing you notice is the very grassy/botanical fragrance. It is heavenly!

Secondly, I think it is less of a gel and more of a serum, but that's semantics really. This is a great product if your skin is slightly sagging and lacks smoothness. Everything seems more toned and the skin even looks better. At £21 it's by no means the cheapest, but anti-cellulite products are generally quite pricey, so I think this is a happy medium. Her products are available online and in John Lewis too.










While I'm no Nobel prize-winning scientist, I certainly appreciate a little bit of geeky technology when it comes to my fat-busting products. So, when I chanced upon Biotherm's Celluli Laser D. Code Anti Cellulite, I could not resist. Straight in the shopping basket it went.

Biotherm say that this cream targets the behavioural and genetic causes of cellulite. I suppose that means that it alters the cellular make-up of the cellulite. Does it work? You bet your bottom dollar it does. I actually gave this to my mum to try and she is now Biotherm's biggest fan. She says her legs were less wrinkly, firmer and generally better looking. So thumbs up from the Old Girl! It's £37, so not a bargain, but if you are heading off to sunnier climes (so basically anywhere but England) buy this now and notice an improvement in the next 14 days or so!







Boots is up there among my favourite shops in the world. i hate when you go abroad and you need a couple of things; lip gloss, nail file, Berocca and a sandwich, and there is no one place that sells all these things. Lucky for us here in Blighty, trusty old Boots the Chemist is everywhere!

So, I headed in there a few weeks ago with my darling friend who is about to got to Italy on holiday with her two gorgeous boys and hubby. She is about to don a bikini for the first time in quite a while and wanted to look tip-top. So, I pointed her in the direction of Boots Expert Total Body Anti-Cellulite Cream. She wasn't holding out much hope as the product is a snip at only £5.99. The verdict? It is a cracker! After just 10 days she felt her thighs were smoother, tighter and looked marvellous in her new bikini! This cream is intense and as with every anti-cellulite treatment works best when massaged thoroughly into those nasty wobbly bits. And her husband can't keep his eyes, nor his hands, off her!







Earlier this year I decided to try Garnier Body Tonic Firming Hydrating Lotion. I'd read somewhere that the seaweed extract was the 'magic ingredient' which was new to me, so I gave it a crack. Now, if you don't have the patience to massage and rub cream into your thighs, then this is the product for you. Good results which last is all any of us really want, and you do get that with this lotion, no question. It is very easy to apply, absorbs nice and quickly and smells actually quite yummy. It's less than £7 to boot, so not half bad!












Top tips for perfect pins


1. I hate to say it, but yes, exercise is good for you. Get moving as it will get rid of your lumpy bits.

2. Brush your legs and thighs with a dry body brush will get the circulation going.

3. Drink water! Not too much a la Nigella of course, but more like a glass an hour.

4. Ditch the salt - salt retains water, therefore defeating the object of the point above.

5. Apply the creams twice a day for best results.


2 comments:

  1. I agree about the Boots one, it's one of the cheapest I've seen in the shops and is one of the better ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great read and very helpful.

    ReplyDelete