Saturday 30 July 2011

You're so sensitive!

My skin used to be like the hide of a rhino.

Honestly, it did.

I could put anything on it, it would stay put, look good, not breakout, go red, chap, crack or flare up. I was so lucky and I didn't even know it!



But then 10 years ago or so, everything changed!

Nothing worked, everything hurt, I was all breakouts, redness, flaring and chapping. My skin was fragile and I had to learn to pamper it and really look after it. After all, no matter what people say, they ALWAYS notice that spot, that cold sore, that chafing.


I've tried lots of different products over the years and have settled into a very strict beauty regime to ensure my skin stays in tip-top condition. People compliment my skin a lot now, and it makes me feel so good after all the trials and tribulations I've been through. The things is, it has meant that I stick to the cleansers, toners and moisturisers that I know and love and more importantly, trust.


Recently, however, that rigidity and regiment has changed as I have come across two brands that I had only noticed in passing and now consider them to be beauty bag staples.


My first new beauty favourite is balance Me. It does what it says, balances your skin.

All their products are incredibly soothing and smell delicious. In fact my bedroom and bathroom have a beautiful lingering scent of roses as a result of using these products lately!




Like all skin types, sensitive ones require exfoliating, but the difficulty is in finding one that doesn't irritate.

balance Me have a wonderful product called radiance face mask, £18, which very gently exfoliates and brightens but is not abrasive. I have been complimented on how fresh my complexion is looking lately and I know it is down to this great product.






The moisture-rich face cream, £24, is very delicate and so ideal for tricky skins. it is so hydrating but not oily, so your face doesn't feel tight or dry nor does it feel like it needs a good wash though!






I used these products morning and night as some night creams are a bit too heavy for me and I am really delighted. To finish off my beauty routine I slather on the rose otto body cream, £18, and really, you'll be hard pressed to find a rich body cream which is so protective of your skin, so hydrating and smells so heavenly!

I think I even slept better as a result of the fragrance!


Another brand that you must check out if you are plagued with the most sensitive skin is Queen. It is a real vintage company, having been around since the late 1920s and was formulated by dermatologists for those with very delicate, super-allergic and sensitive skins. I had to give them a go!




The medicated cleansing lotion, £15.25, is one of the best I have ever tried. It is light but gets down to business immediately, no matter how heavy your make up is. It also leaves your skin feeling deep-cleaned rather than just surface-cleaned.













I followed this by using the Skin Freshener toner, £15.25, which I must say left

my face feeling so light, so residue-free and remarkably hydrated, I even thought I might not need moisturiser! Of course, I didn't just head off to bed at that point.

No, I did indeed use an extra something.










Rather than moisturise I experimented with the Queen Sensiderma Renew and Refine Serum, £35.95.

It can be used under your moisturiser or instead of. I opted to use it without an added moisturiser and am so chuffed!

If softer and firmer skin is what you want from a serum, than this is the one for you.

I have not used it for a prolonged period of time, but my skin looks and feels better even after a few

days. Queen say that in one month of daily use, fine lines and wrinkles will be reduced substantially. I totally believe them. This is a wonder-product.





So, the morale of this story is, that we sensitive skin types are very cautious and actually frightened about using products. We are never sure of the outcome, never know how long the ill-effects of using a product which doesn't agree with us will last.

But with these two brands, balance Me and Queen, we can be sure that our skin won't react adversely, on the contrary it actually benefits from trying them. So let's not be shy, let's give them a go!



*To find your nearest stockist or for more information on these products and others in the ranges, go to

www.balanceme.co.uk and www.queen-cosmetics.com

4 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of these two brands. I'll go and check out boh of them as my skin is so sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used balance Me and I like it. The Queen stuff looks old fashioned, but must be good to have been around so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Queen cosmetics products!!! Nice blog :D
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rakhshanda, I'm glad you ove Queen and like my blog too! Let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete