Thursday 28 July 2011

True blue, baby I love you!


Applying a great eyeshadow can completely change your face and your look.

If I am out and about during the day I make my eyes up very simply:

No colour, thick black eyeliner flicked up at the end and lashings of mascara.


But sometimes you want more than that and that's when you reach for shadows that make a real impact.

One that I've really started using a lot is from Elizabeth Arden's new Bronzing Collection.

The collection has been out since about May this year and I am really loving the Color Intrigue Eyeshadow Quad in Blue Breeze, £25.

The colours are very pigmented and are great for the Summer. In fact, the two blues are like looking into a beautiful, deep sea.




This how I use it to great effect and to maximise the use and wear from my eyeshadows.


1. I like to use the lighter sandy shade all over my eye, right up to the brow bone.

2. Then I blend the lighter icy blue over the actual eye socket.

3. I use the metallic grey colour in the far corners of my eyes, to create a sort of filled in 'v' shape, so that the eyes look slightly feline.

4. Then the very dark blue, I brush very close to the lash line and use it as an eyeliner.


I would still use this in the Winter, but might omit the lighter blue in favour for the grey all over the socket.


The result is excellent and ultra long-lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment