Thursday 21 July 2011

I'm a (not-so-secret) make up lover. That's right, that's right!


I. LOVE. MAKE UP.
There, I've said it.


Perhaps not the most shocking of revelations. Certainly not worthy of having my phone hacked, or of people crossing the road to avoid me, but my love/obsession is all-consuming.


When I say to my boyfriend,'I won't be long, I'll just do my make up and we can leave', I ALWAYS hear a sigh, and I know, I just know, he is rolling his eyes.

What's worse is when I say, right before going to bed, ' I'm just going to take my make up off', he replies, 'I'll see you in a couple of hours then'. Cheeky, I know. But not entirely wrong either.


You see, like you I'm sure, I can't help myself. In fact, I cannot deny myself anything. I'll be in Boots, Debenhams or even Sainsbury's for goodness sake, and I can't keep my mitts off facial wash, exfoliators, tweezers, blending brushes, moisturisers, serums, primers, cream blush, powered blush, mousse blush, I've tried every kind of eyeliner (my current favourite is an Avon one, which I'll tell you about later) and there isn't a moisturiser out there that has been loved, loathed, recommended to my friends or chucked in the bin in a fit of pique after one week and a whole load of breakouts!


So what I'm saying is, I am going to tell you all about my star products, my must-haves, the things that I know that, like me, you won't be able to live without.


So to get things started I'm going to let you into my current eyeshadow secret. And I know you will be as potty about this range as I am. Checking out Superdrug the other day for a hair masque I, naturally, had to have a butcher's at some of the treasures in this Aladdin's Cave. And I am thrilled with what I discovered. I came across this lovely mineral-based palette and I am now an addict.

I love this Sleek make up i-Divine Original eyeshadow palette!


The brand is Sleek Make upThe range is called i-Divine and this particular one is the Original - appropriately it was the first one I bought.

There are loads though, 12 at the moment, and they are all fabulous, but as well as Original I would say my other two faves are Bad Girls and Monaco, so keep you minces open for those.

Bad Girl and if you are looking for the perfect smoky eye, then this is the one for you.



So why do I love Sleek i-Divine so much? It's simple really. The colours are magnificent and there genuinely is something that will suit everyone, whatever your skin colour or tone. They are very highly-pigmented indeed, so they really stand out and more importantly, stay on. I've used everything from the smoky, sensual colours to exciting neon colours and have created a lot of different looks for very occasion. They last ages too and blend like a dream. And the best bit? Well, they are only £6.49! I've bought mine from Superdrug, but they are also available online from www.sleekmakeup.com

This is the Mediterranean-inspired Monaco - perfect for the Summer!



By the way, re: the hair masque. I opted for Tresemme Restructuring Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque. Excellent and a bargain at only £4.99 for 500ml - brilliant!!


For glorious hair, grab one of these!



I'll be back with more super face and skincare secrets soon, so keep checking out this page.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about Biotherm Celluli Laser D. code. I'm going to order it online right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I read this and popped out to buy a Sleek palette from Superdrug and lunchtime. You are so right - it's brilliant. It's better than some of the more expensive stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great blog

    ReplyDelete