Monday 22 August 2011

Crowning Glory

Women are obsessed with hair.

It's what makes us feel good, or feel bad.

It's one of the first things another woman notices and one of the last things blokes notice about us.

When your hair is not in tip-top nick, it often means that something is not right in your life; health, stress, nutrition and happiness are all reflected in our hair.


I know of women who spend a lot of money keeping their tresses in a state of perpetual perfection.

One friend spends £100 every six weeks on a trim, £250 every eight weeks on a colour, has a professional blow-dry once a week, takes load of vitamins to keep her hair strong and uses only Phyto, Kerastase and Philip Kinglsey products in her hair. All that adds up to about four grand a year by my reckoning. She is very well off and is very lucky. But who of us can actually do that?


So do you have to be minted to keep your barnet in mint condition?


Of course you don't!

Here are a few of my favourite, and inexpensive, products:


Hair heroes

Pure Coconut are a great and very good value brand that are mainly available in Superdrug and Savers.

I have tried the shampoo and conditioner and I have to say I was impressed. the fragrance is not too strong but does last. Every so often during the day you'll get a hint the scent when you swish your hair about. The hair is shiny and tangle-free, but my hair can get a little bit oily at the crown and this is a bit too heavy formy hair. However, if you have slightly drier hair, I would honestly say this is a really great purchase and as products in the range are priced from £2 you can't really argue!

I like the range as whole though - the serum is great and they have a love little Glossing Spray which is perfect for finishing off a DIY blow-dry.


Colour me beautiful

Home hair colour is a tricky blighter for some. For a start there are masses of brands and loads of different ranges within each brand. Do you go permanent or semi or what? And how much should you spend?

Well, I can honestly say that one of my favourite home hair colour kits is from Avon. I cannot tell you enough how brilliant Avon is as a brand. Good value, good technology, good trends - love's!


So, I decided to give Avon Advance Techniques Professional Hair Colour, £2, a crack. I am really pleased I did.

The colour takes well and leaves hair very soft and glossy. It also lasts a good old while - of course it depends on how quickly your hair grows - the colour didn't fade for more than six weeks which I think is really great.


Masqued beauty

I know I have mentioned this before, but honestly, TreSemme Restructuring Deep Conditioning Masque is brilliant. if you hair is lacklustre and needs some extra loving, go out and buy your self a pot of this. It is extremely hydrating but not heavy so your hair has bounce and shone all at the same time. It styles a treat after using it too!


I don't use it every wash but I'm sure you could if your hair was very brittle and damaged, but I use mine once a week or if I have really out my hair throughout it I'll use it the morning after to give it a little mid-week boost. At £4.99 it is unquestionable value and is as good as a lot of the pricier products on the shelves.




So, they are a few of my budget beauty buys. Lots more to come over the next fee weeks!

Let me know your favourites! Get in touch at

editormybeautybagsecrets@gmail.com


or on Twitter

@beautybagsecret

No comments:

Post a Comment