Thursday 11 August 2011

Old faithfuls!

Don't you just love it when you re-discover an old favourite, or a super classic that you forgot you had?

Well, that's happened to me this week. And not just once, but twice!



I stayed over at my friend's for a couple of nights last weekend, and very annoyingly forgot to bring my shampoo and conditioner.

You can't imagine how cheesed off I was.

My friend lent me her shampoo and conditioner - Herbal Essences Smooth and Soft for Dry/Damaged/Frizzy Hair, £3.36 each. I hadn't used this for an age, and we can all get a bit tied to our favourite products so wasn't sure how my hair was going to react.


Well, I needn't have worried!





First thing is the smell. Yummy. It actually made my mouth water, wrong I know, but I can't help it.

The lather was good too, and it didn't tangle up - this must be because of the botanical silk extract. The conditioner is excellent too - it is mixed with a serum so it smooths, detangles and tames. Brilliant!

I dried my hair to a silky, smooth and straight perfection. They have actually re-formulated the shampoo and conditioner and I must say I was so happy, it is now on my beauty shopping list!


The second moment of heart-stopping joy was when I was sorting out my perfume cupboard. Yes, I have a cupboard full to the brim of fragrance. My other half used to think it was quite over-the-top and slightly ridiculous that I needed an entire cupboard, but he's grown used to it now and doesn't shake his head in disbelief every time he walks in there.

Anyway, I was re-ordering it and came across a trusted friend - Chloe Eau de Toilette, £46. What a joy!


If you are not familiar with it, give it a go. It is floral, but not cloying. I think it is the mix of rose, freesia and iris that makes it soft rather than intense. I also like the hint of fruit in the scent, it's sort of summery, like your own ray of sunshine on a grim day!

Anyway, it's no longer at the back of my cupboard, no, it's now on my dressing table, ready to be spritzed on every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment