Friday 19 August 2011

HIgh street beauty queen!


There are few brands around today that represent such good quality, value and trend as much as Famous by Sue Moxley.


The range is excellent: high pigmentation, great colours, great for every age and skin-tone and at a fraction of the price of most big beauty names.

I spoke to Sue to find out more about her drive, why beauty is her passion and what's next for Famous by Sue Moxley.




Mybeautybagsecrets: Sue, what prompted you to launch Famous by Sue Moxley?

I'd been a make up artist for many years and then became the Beauty Editor at The Sun newspaper. I'd always dreamt about creating my own brand - I think it's every make up artist's dream.

While at The Sun, I gained even more experience and talked about the possibility of starting my own range to a friend. And together we decided to give a go! Like everything, it is easier thinking about it than doing it!

My friend and I make a good team: she looks at the PR and Marketing side of things and I look after the creative side.


How long has it been established, Sue?

It's been five years now and of course we've had our ups and downs! But we are not resting on our laurels; in fact we've got quite a few surprises coming up!


How do you feel about the success you've enjoyed? You're a bloggers favourite and the consumers love the range too!

I feel on top of the world! We receive so much positive feedback and good comments. I feel this is partly down to the high pigmentation in our products. We decided that the extra cost to us in the manufacturing process would be worthwhile as it would make for a much better product. Some of the more expensive brands use less pigmentation than us!

And yes, it's great that people are recommending us; I think we are very affordable and very good quality.




People have been comparing your products to MAC and Bobbi Brown, how do you feel about that?

Those kind of comparisons are really fantastic. I love that we can provide women with the quality and colours that they want and expect and can get from Bobbi Brown and MAC, but that they choose to come to us because we represent the same but we are so affordable. It's fabulous!


What's next for Famous by Sue Moxley?

Well, we've got lots of new and exciting things happening in time for Christmas, and one thing in particular is going to be huge! But I don't want to ruin the surprise so I'll have to keep it secret for the moment!

I'm also launching Pro Tools by Sue Moxley, which is a range of brushes and equipment. It is essential to use good tools to create your look. And of course, these will be affordable. I'll be on Ideal World TV to tell everyone more about that and how they can buy them, so look out for that.

I've got no plans at this stage to launch a skin care range, but who knows, perhaps fragrances! I want women to feel glamourous but not have to pay through the nose for it.




What's your 'to-die-for' product in your range?

I have to say the Baked Bronze. It is a great little product. It warms up the skin beautifully. If you've got no time to do much, just a swish of Baked Bronze and a touch of mascara and you are good to go. It gives you such a great glow!

I do love the shimmer eyeshadows in the range too, but as you age it is best to stay away from the products with too much shimmer, instead, it's best to stick to the mattes. I love the brights and the shimmers but they are best left to the young!


What are your beauty bag essentials?

*A good base, without a shadow of doubt.

I currently have two in the range, a sheer one and a more matte one. The matte one gives total coverage to spots and imperfections, while the sheer one is great if you have clearer skin. I will be bringing out some new foundations soon though!

*An eyebrow kit - either a pencil or a powder.

Eyebrows are one of the most important elements of a face. They balance, define and add structure. Not all women have defined eyebrows, especially fair or red heads. So, even just a touch of taupe along the eyebrows really gives your face some oomph!

*And lastly, mascara!

Just a slick sets off a face, perfectly. It opens your eyes, makes you look younger and more wide-eyed. Once you have a bit of mascara on, you can leave the house!


What are your beauty bag secrets, Sue?

Botox! Only joking!

*Cleanse and moisturise.

I really cannot stress how important it is. I've been cleansing and moisturising well, twice a day, since I was 16 and I really believe it has helped my skin tone and elasticity.

*Stop smoking!

Never ever smoke and if you do, quit now. NOTHING makes you look as bad as smoking. Your skin is dull and saggy, you develop lines and wrinkles in tell-tale places, around the eyes, around the mouth and even between the eyes.

*And protect your face from the sun.

You should always use an SPF on your face, neck and decolletage. The sun is lovely but really damaging if exposed to it too much.

It is essential to have good skin and look after it as much as you can as it is pointless putting on products if your natural base isn't in good nick. Remember, plump up your skin cells by moisturising well!


Who do you think has the most beautiful face?

My beauty icon is Kate Moss and I know a lot of people don't agree. Even though she is a drinker and smoker and bit of a caner I just love her face. Her bone structure is so beautiful and so interesting; I'd love to make it up. I know most would say that Cindy Crawford has a classically beautiful face but I just love Kate's exoticism.


And who needs a bit of help, in your view?

I'd love to work on Carol McGiffin! I know I could change her look!


When do you feel most beautiful?

Like all women it's when I've had lots of sleep, just had my hair highlighted and I've taken time on my make up. I look in the mirror and think, 'Yep, I'm looking good!'. Also, finishing your face with some fake lashes also helps! I love having a little bit of a tan, fake tan or bronzer of course. In fact, I know I'm not looking my best when my dad says: "Not feeling well today, love?'.



Famous by Sue Moxley is available at Superdrug nationwide.


No comments:

Post a Comment