Thursday 4 August 2011

Get lippy!



There's been a fair bit of fuss about Rimmel London's Vinyl Max lip gloss, £5.49. Not all of it good either.


The wand is too big, the colours too similar, too drying, too sticky - these are just some of the criticisms levelled at it.


Naturally, I wasn't going to let a little beauty controversy put me off, so I gave it a go.


It is massive, is the first thing I noticed. At least twice the size of most other lip glosses. That's not a bad thing, just an observation.


The wand itself is also a lot bigger than your average. But rather than that being a hindrance, I found it very useful and I am sure for unseasoned gloss-wearers it is a blessing as it makes the product very easy to apply.


The gloss smells delicious and fruity, not synthetic and horrid. It smears on very evenly and is extremely shiny and brilliant, in the truest sense of the word. So all good on that front. I also like the tingle-effect it had on my lips. It was cooling and I felt like my lips looked plumper - but that could have been an optical illusion because of the shine on my lips enhancing the natural shape.


The colour I've been using is Breathless but I would say that of the six colours, Addictive is probably the prettiest.

All up it's a very good lip colour. After all, what do you want from a gloss? Shine, colour, sheen, slight jamminess. Well, it's all of those things, so I don't think it deserves the bad wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment